The Kale Army is alive and well with thousands of fans and supporters, but they couldn’t love kale if somebody didn’t grow it, produce it or make it into great products. So a big kale salute goes out to our KINGS OF KALE who have helped us along our way the past few years. Be sure to visit them and send them some kale love.
Simply7 Snacks offers a line of hummus, lentil, quinoa chips that provide a simple, better-for-you snacking experience to traditional potato chips and artificial snacks. All 15 Simply7 flavors are made with only all-natural, simple and easy-to-understand ingredients and are non-GMO, gluten free and kosher certified.
At the heart of every product are the brand’s 7 core standards, which include zero grans trans-fat, no artificial colors or flavors, no preservatives, gluten free, clean ingredients, simple ingredients and simply delicious. In addition to their broad line of snacks – they are also excited launch a new line of kale chips hitting grocery shelves in late 2015 and early 2016. More at www.simply7snacks.com
San Miguel Produce is a multi- generation California-based farmer
of kale and other leafy greens. They grow, package and distribute kale to foodservice operators and retailers across the country. A leader in kale production, San Miguel also is proud of their value added specialty brand, Cut ‘N Clean Greens that offers simple, ready to use solutions including fresh-cut greens and salad kits from their farms to your family table.www.sanmiguelproduce.com
The newest hotel brand from IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group), EVEN® Hotels enables wellness in travel. EVEN® Hotels helps you Keep Active, Rest Easy, Eat Well and Accomplish More by offering guests a wide variety of choices designed so you can stay well on the road. From the best-in class Athletic Studio to good-for-you foods , EVEN Hotels is your travel partner. EVEN® Hotels is opening in New York City this fall, learn more about our newest location at http://www.evenhotels.com
We celebrate kale in all forms and we are excited to celebrate with our sponsor fujiKale. fujiKale comes in a super powerful dehydrated organic kale powder that makes getting your vitamins and minerals easier than ever before! While new to the United States, fujiKale has already made a big splash overseas. fujiKale is your one stop, quick kale fix that you can bring and drink anywhere! Learn more at www.fujikale.com
The American Macular Degeneration Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to the prevention, treatment, and cure of macular degeneration. The AMDF offers hope and support to those with Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) and their families. We raise public awareness of the disease while supporting a national research agenda which makes allies of the scientific community, the government, and people and their families who are living with macular degeneration. We are a funding source, and an international clearinghouse for information and research. More at www.macular.org
The Specialty Food Association is steadfast in our commitment to the success of those who bring the emotional experience of specialty foods to the consumer. To ensure the success of our members and the industry, we will:
- Define and defend the ideals that “specialty foods” uphold.
- Build an identity for specialty foods. Educate the public to ensure the consumer understands their distinctiveness and benefits.
- Nurture a close-knit community of producers and their partners.
- Harness the entrepreneurial roots of our members by providing tools and insight to support smart innovation.
- Inspire and develop future generations of specialty food producers and retailers.
- Earn credibility to become the recognized authority on the present state and future directions of specialty foods.
- Advocate for our members’ interests.
- Create and reinforce a culture of intrapreneurship among staff and volunteer leadership.
- Obsess over our understanding of members’ present and future needs, and continually seek ways to meet them.
- Recognize that one measure of our success will be an ever-increasing base of members inspired to participate in the community we build for as long as they feel passion for specialty foods.